A malware assault concentrating on the Alaska Division of Well being and Social Providers’ web site has prompted the disruption of some on-line providers as the web site stays unavailable to the general public, the state well being division mentioned Tuesday night.
Investigators haven’t but decided whether or not the cyberattack compromised confidential or private info, DHSS mentioned in a statement.
“Presently, there are not any particulars about who initiated the assault, why they focused DHSS, whether or not this assault is expounded to every other latest assaults, or how lengthy the web site could also be down,” the state well being division mentioned, including that it’s “anticipated to take a while to completely perceive the complete scope and influence of the incident.”
The dhss.alaska.gov web site was taken offline Monday night and can stay unavailable because the investigation continues, the state well being division mentioned. COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduling and knowledge dashboards stay accessible at covid19.alaska.gov, as they’re hosted by exterior sources.
DHSS mentioned in a press release that it’s investigating the cyberattack “in cooperation with the suitable authorities and is taking speedy actions to stop additional disruption and hurt to its servers, methods and databases.”
That is the second latest malware assault reported by a state company in latest weeks: On Might 1, the Alaska Court docket System disconnected many of its services from the internet after somebody exterior the community positioned malware on the system, together with 4 servers and two computer systems.
“Sadly, this sort of malicious assault is a part of the price of conducting any sort of enterprise on-line as there are fixed threats from folks worldwide making an attempt to infiltrate IT methods,” DHSS Commissioner Adam Crum mentioned within the assertion. “I wish to guarantee Alaskans that our division is doing every little thing doable to get our web site again up and operating safely and to grasp the scope of the assault, its impacts, and the best way to forestall this from occurring sooner or later.”
These needing cellphone help throughout enterprise hours, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., might contact DHSS at 907-269-7800.
Under is the DHSS checklist of providers which can be offline as of Tuesday:
• AKAIMS: Alaska’s behavioral well being and substance abuse administration system
• State of Alaska very important data system
• DHSS background verify system
• Discover a childcare supplier
• Case administration system: Momentary Help for Needy Households (TANF) work actions
• IBIS: Indicator Based mostly Info System for Public Well being
• ILP: Grantee based mostly system for Toddler Studying Program (grantee-based info change for the Toddler Studying Program, grantee-based reporting for the Toddler Studying Program)
• SAGE: system for faculties to report vaccine knowledge to Public Well being
• YODA: Youth Offender Information Utility for youth courts
• GEMS: grantee portal for Grants Digital Administration System
• AKVaxMatch: Alaska supplier vaccine change
• Developmental disabilities waiver on-line kind
• DHSS epidemiological bulletins
• Rely of obtainable beds in numerous behavioral well being services
• Evaluate course of for well being care development initiatives and tools purchases state expends for Medicaid
• Important statistics on-line knowledge request kind